Do you want to reach your goals in your life but often seem to stall-out before you get there? If so, you’re alone!
Limiting Beliefs Hold You Back in Life & Erase Possibilities for a Great Future!
Have you ever felt excited when you thought about the possibilities for your life- maybe things like having a fantastic relationship, running a 5k or starting your own business? But before you realized your goal, you talked yourself out of it? Some many of us do this!
Why? The common problem is our limiting or negative beliefs. They sound like this, “I won’t be be able to do that” or “I’m asking for too much” or “I tried that before and it didn’t work.” If you believe your limiting thoughts you won’t be able to take the action needed to experience more joy in your life.
What are limiting beliefs?
Limiting beliefs are a hierarchy of fear-based assumptions which prevent us from reaching our full potential. They hold us back, prevent us from taking risks and inhibit us from living our best lives. They stem from our childhood and past experiences. Allowing limiting thoughts to control you impoverishes your life and drains your energy!
For example, a recent client of mine felt unhappy and was losing hope for the future. She explained to me that she had been married twice and both marriages failed. She wanted to get married again but in the same breath she said, “With my track record I doubt I could make another marriage work.” Her limiting belief is that any relationship in the future will end up like it did in the past. So she tells herself she’s better off not trying again.
Common Limiting Beliefs About Dating and Relationships
- I’ll be rejected if someone gets to know the “real me.”
- A relationship will consume me and I’ll lose my independence.
- I won’t be able to pick the best date/mate for me.
- I’ll be betrayed (again).
- All the ‘good ones’ are taken.
Common Limiting Beliefs About Life in General
- I can’t do it
- I will fail.
- There are lots of people better qualified than I am.
- I’m not good enough/ smart enough/ enough.
- I feel alone and apart from most people.
Quick Tips to Help You Move Forward
- Become more aware of your thoughts. When you notice yourself thinking negative or limiting beliefs pause and then think in the positive.
- Keep a notepad with you and write down your limiting thoughts. After you do this for a few weeks, you’ll notice your thought patterns. You’ll see that all your limiting beliefs boil down to just one thing which is commonly the thought that, “Something is inherently wrong with me.”
- Get help and counsel from a trusted resource who has the insight, knowledge and experience to help you reach your goals.
You can conquer limiting beliefs and have the happiness you deserve in all areas of life!
I’d like to hear from you! You can request an introductory, no-obligation consult now to discover how to overcome your challenges or just send me a message. I’ll be back in touch with you within 24 hours.