What is Coaching?
It is a partnership between coach and client to provide structure, guidance and support so you can:
- Take a complete look at your current state, including your assumptions and perceptions about yourself, other, and your professional and personal life.
- Set realistic goals based on your own nature and need.
- Take relevant actions toward reaching your goal.
- Coaching helps you melt away anything that’s keeping you stuck. After a session, you’ll feel more confident and focus.
How does Coaching Differ from Psychotherapy?
Coaching differs fundamentally from psychotherapy in that therapy generally focuses on illness or trauma, while coaching focuses on fulfillment of a personal goal and keeping on-track to reach your goals quicker than you could do on your own. A coach keeps you accountable and that’s the key to changing your life.
What is the Focus of Coaching?
Coaching supports your growth and development based on specific actionable outcomes linked to your personal or professional success.
The focus is on creating actionable strategies to get you moving forward.
The emphasis in a coaching relationship is on action, accountability and follow-through.
Am I a good candidate for Coaching?
√ I really want to change my life.
√ I am willing to new ideas.
√ I want to be proactive.
√ I want to go above my current limits.
√ I’ve tried therapy but I didn’t get the skills I think I need.
√ I want to balance my life.
√ I want new possibilities in my life.
√ I’m ready to take action!
√ I value support from someone that’s working in my best interest.
If you answered “Yes” to 3 questions or more, you are a good candidate for coaching!
How does Coaching Work?
Here’s the link to find out more about how coaching works:
What are the Methods and Tools Do You Use?
- A clear set of standards and ethics that guide the nature and scope of our coaching relationship.
- Agreements and contracts to establish clear understanding and commitments between us.
- Forms and checklists to collect information.
- Inventories and exercises to help you clarify your values and vision.
- Deep listening to really understand your needs.
- Powerful questions to help you understand your assumptions and perspectives about yourself and the world.
- Challenges to move you forward.
- Goal setting done mutually with you to ensure your ongoing clear direction, problem solving, successes and development.
- A hand to hold or a nudge when you need it.
- Believing in you even when you don’t.
What Does It Cost?
Depending on the plan you choose, sessions cost $80 to $125.
Where Do We Meet?
We can meet via phone, Skype, or in person in Austin. My office address is 5808 Balcones Dr. #201, 78731.
Have more questions? Call me at 512.922.4822 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.